Sunday 14 February 2010

Predictions: TNA Against All Odds 2010

Whilst writing this I noted that there's a LOT of potential feuds in the 8 Card Stud tournament, it's a concept that seems to have been lost by the lack of non-direct title tournaments these days and TNA really should capitalise on this basic concept. Also disappointed by the fact there are no Knockout matches, that handicap match from Impact seriously belonged on this card in place of the 3D/Nasty Boys match.

Team 3D VS The Nasty Boys
If Team 3D don't win, I'll weep for all humanity.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Quarterfinal
D'Angelo Dinero VS Desmond Wolfe

If we're going off momentum, Dinero has a win over AJ Styles, it doesn't get much bigger than holding a win over the World champion, I can't see TNA logically throwing away this opportunity, but logic hasn't always been their best ability. Benefit of the doubt prediction, D'Angelo Dinero.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Quarterfinal
Hernandez VS Matt Morgan

Ah the age old “tag champs clash”, personally I think Morgan would serve much better as a heel, I think he works much better in that position since he doesn't have the personality to be a face, going off that I see him being the one to turn and jealousy in this tournament victory being the reason, therefore Hernandez has to pick up the win.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Quarterfinal
Kurt Angle VS Mr Anderson

I'm going with a Kurt Angle, but I think Anderson might get the last laugh and take Angle out.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Quarterfinal
Mick Foley VS Abyss

Methinks Abyss is turning, he and Foley have been back and forth too much and it's time to finally end it, Bischoff said no shenanigans to get out of it, so I feel the story goes Abyss gets the win and decimates Foley, probably taking him out for a while so Bischoff can gloat, if it doesn't happen tonight, it'll happen sooner or later.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Semifinal
D'Angelo Dinero VS Hernandez

Here's where my predictions go to hell, because for all I know I could be on the wrong side of two previous predictions, but I'm sticking to my guns and saying this match will go ahead with D'Angelo Dinero picking up the win and having the second hint of a split with Hernandez and Morgan when Morgan tries to interfere and messes up “by accident”.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Semifinal
Abyss VS Kurt Angle

I can't call it any other way – Kurt Angle is getting the win in this face off, beating the odds if Anderson does hurt him.

8 Card Stud Tournament:
Final
D'Angelo Dinero VS Kurt Angle

The Pope holds the win over AJ, but AJ has shown to be afraid of facing Kurt without help, either way it's going to be hyped as AJ's potential downfall, but I'm going to call it with Kurt Angle. I think we're seeing a Bischoff/Hogan feud potentially develop (especially if TNA is truly in talks for a second show) and I think getting Hulk behind Kurt is the right move if Kurt is going to win this tournament.

AJ Styles © VS Samoa Joe for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship with Eric Bischoff as the special guest referee

I feel bad for saying it, but Joe isn't winning this, whilst I'd love it to happen, AJ's reign at the top has only just begun, he's going to be the heel we all want to see taken off his pedestal for a few months yet if TNA has any sense. What Bischoff's role in all this is, I don't know for sure, but as mentioned I can see a Bischoff/Hogan feud developing and if Bisch is behind the champ and Hulk is behind the challenger it makes sense. AJ Styles is picking up the win on the basis of logic and good booking.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment